Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring??

OK, here in the mid-Hudson Valley, we have a unique season...it is not spring, nor summer, nor winter, but a combo of all. Tomorrow we will hit 86 degrees F; by Saturday, it is to be 55 as a high, and there is no telling if snow is no longer a threat until we hit May. As I drive Abby to school, it is 39 and drizzly, but along the way, I see high schoolers dressed in short-shorts, flipflops and halters. Others are bundled up in jeans and hoodies. No one has an umbrella...must be "uncool"!

Now, I remember going to Forest Hills High School with no hat in the winter...wow, what a rebel! But I did have boots and gloves and a coat. So, I guess I truly was a "geek". But I didn't spend the day with wet shoes, clothes or frostbite. Maybe the weather was different in Queens in the 1970s. Or maybe we were!

So, tomorrow, we will sweat. Saturday, we will freeze. But, eventually, spring will come, fleetingly. Then the humid, hot summer of the Hudson Valley will start. And I will miss this weird season of Spring???

No comments:

Post a Comment