Sunday, April 11, 2010

4/11/1982

Twenty-eight years ago today, I was in Southampton Hospital on Long Island recovering from a vaginal AND a c-section! We were now a family of four...twin girls, both with blonde hair and brown eyes. It was Easter Sunday and Ken was sitting next to my bed, nodding off, having been up for over 24 hours. My pains began during the Easter Vigil Mass and by 11 pm, we were on our way to the hospital (with a shower curtain in the back seat, just in case!) The girls were about 3 weeks early, but both were over 6 lbs. and, except for some bilirubin issues, did well. I came home on the 17th and it's been a whirlwind ever since.

So, to my two wonderful older daughters, Happy Birthday, many, many more and I love you both. I miss the baby years, the toddling times, the elementary school days, and yes, even the teenage years! You are now older than I was when I had you...hint, hint!!

1 comment:

  1. I was 23 when I had my first batch of children....all 100+ of them LOL...nothing like rotating them every year to save my sanity!

    We're thinking of it, possibly/eventually. My friend's brother & his partner had a really tough time adopting so maybe someday I'll pick her brain!

    ReplyDelete