Thursday, April 14, 2011

Almost there...

Well, we are nearing the end of Lent and Easter is almost in sight! Holy Week is definitely becoming my most favorite spring/summer time, both because the weather is getting better day by day, and because the whole week is full of meaning and liturgy and ritual. For a convert with a German background and anal tendencies, this is great! Rituals are soothing, comforting and at the same time, challenging. Will this year surpass last? Will I feel the same or more? Have I done a better job preparing for Easter this time around? Have I figured it all out yet?
Most likely, the answers will be "yes", "the same" and two "prob not"s, but that is okay. One of the great parts of being Catholic is that you are always striving, always trying. You are NEVER completely done, completely fulfilled. That will come later...much later! And I, who change my tablecloth, my wreath above the mantle, my house flag and my welcome sign every single month, love to see the liturgical seasons tick past. A new color, a new holiday, a new beginning. And there is always next year!
I have done better this Lent than most years, but still have room to grow. Instead of making me feel inadequate, it inspires me to keep up the good fight.
Holy Week, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment