Monday, September 13, 2010

Religious Ed classes start!

OK, got home about an hour ago and have completed my first class...out of about 85, I figure. Nice group of 6th graders, 16 in all, so the classroom is a bit full, but we will manage. Our pastor walked in and quizzed the kids briefly, as he is wont to do, and we seem to be a great bunch! Abby is my assistant on Mondays, so she is a big help, being "old" enough for the kids to respect her, but "young" enough for them to relate to her.

Summer seems to be making a brief return, it hit 80 degrees here, but at least the nights are getting cooler. We really, really need rain, not the brief shower that passed through while I was in class. I hate water restrictions, but they really are a pain in the winter, as you seem not to be aware of a drought then! Hoping for a regular snow amount this year...last year was a bit much! We had over 3 feet in one day...

I hope to continue on the reading jag that I am on...have done quite a bit this summer, but I am too lazy to put them all on Good Reads, so just trust me, I am reading! Finished Dragonriders of Pern and associated tales, read 4 Brother Cadfael mysteries, and The Lady in the Tower and Mistress of the Monarchy, both by Alison Weir. Currently on Queen Isabella by Weir, another Cadfael and a book of SF short stories. It's great to get back to reading, after all the probs with my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment