Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day and now it's June....

After a nice, though tiring, weekend at Tracy's and Kate's, we drove back to the house on Memorial Day afternoon, opened up the windows to air the place out, and vegged! Now it's June...wow...can you believe it? The groundhog has eaten up my gerbenas AGAIN! By 1 pm, the dog and I are done with the heat and just lay around panting. My roses are blooming and the weeds are growing, so there is that to do. And Ken has the time to BBQ, saving me from the stove. What a guy!

Abby has finals next week and then 3 regents over the course of the following two weeks. We have yet to hear from the Summer FUNdamentals camp, so I have no idea of our schedule during July. Have to make arrangements for Hershey in August. Ken's Review course for his Nursing Boards are in two weeks, and then he has to sit for the NCLEX exam. Hopefully, he will do as well as Kate did (she passed on her first try). He then has a part-time position all set up in our local hospital to do Med/Surg for a few months...his ultimate goal is to go to the ER or ICU.

I am currently re-reading the Dragons of Pern books...love them! I also realize how often I re-read books I love. I have two Alison Weir books on my table by the bed and by the sofa, but those are a bit harder to get through...the Pern books are like a diversion, like watching a silly "I Love Lucy" show that I have seen a million times before. But books are like that...some you skip through, some you savor, others you slog through, and then there are those that leave you totally dissatisfied...like the latest "Law and Order" shows, where you go "Huh?" and wonder if this is why they were cancelled!

Happy June to all....especially those taking finals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment