Friday, May 7, 2010

Weekend plans

This weekend is Mother's Day and as my mom and my mother-in-law are both, hopefully, in Heaven, I will be spending the time at home with Abby and Ken. Well, Ken is working tonight and tomorrow night, from 6 pm to 6 am, so that means Church with Abby by myself and two nights alone. I thought once he passed Nursing School, things would calm down, but what do I know? Next week, he is gone Tues, Wed and Fri from 7a to 7p, following a RN's shift all week to complete his clinicals. So Sturbridge next weekend will be a delight...a "late" Mother's Day gift!

I recently looked through old letters and cards that the girls have given me. I don't keep many, because I lost some in the flood of '96, and I don't want to wind up on A&E TV as a Hoarder! But it is nice to remember the times when they were actually more excited about Mother's Day than I was...and the breakfasts in bed, with them jumping up and "helping" me open cards, presents and eating my meal! And then going to church and being so proud that I was a mom, after all that time trying to become one!

So, Happy Mother's Day to all those who are moms/grandmas/aunts/godmothers/etc. I hope the people you have touched in your life remember to give you a hug or a card or a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment