Saturday, August 7, 2010

Now it's August....yikes!

OK, I really have to make a schedule to post to this thing. Another month almost has passed...but besides record temperatures here in NY, nothing much is new. Kate and Tracy had their Open House party last weekend, and Maggie flew in as a surprise...you should have seen Kate's face when she opened the door to her twin standing there!!

Abby loves volunteering in the hospital the two afternoons, and the nurses have quickly learned she is efficient and reliable and she has already done the Nursing Schedule on the computer...plus watering the patients, doing filing, running errands...she has learned the hospital layout, has yet to go to the morgue, loves the grilled cheese in the cafeteria, and all this will be for naught when the new hospital opens in September of 2011. But I think it is helping her confidence and to make up her mind of what she might want to be...all good things!

Hershey Park in two weeks, then a week to shop for school and then September 2nd is the BIG DAY! I am looking forward to more of a schedule, less driving to Middletown for me, and for cooler weather. But I don't love getting up at 5:30 am and when I get back to teaching religion, I am sure I will wonder where the summer went!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe it's August...by the way, I check this blog every single day, so I guess I am your biggest fan! Glad Abby is enjoying her volunteering. Enjoy Hershey!

    ReplyDelete